Audiometry training course
Unfortunately due to the current climate (COVID-19), we will be suspending all training courses until further notice.
Thank you in advance for your support.
This is a one day course on Audiometry and Audiometry Health Surveillance.
The course will take place in Central Manchester, and is designed for occupational health professionals working in the UK occupational health setting.
The course has been developed by the team at Healthwork and is based on the recommended syllabus of the British Society of Audiology (BSA) and Health & Safety Executive (HSE).
Course Date: To be announced.
The course is aimed at health professionals working in the occupational health setting.
The course will provide training in audiometry, and will cover:
- Understanding the role of audiometry in Occupational Health Practice
- Assessing hearing loss including practical exercises with audiometers
- Understanding types of hearing loss
- Interpreting audiogram results
- Hearing standards in specific safety critical roles and industries
- Legislation on occupational noise exposure
- Clinical and occupational management of hearing loss in the workplace
- Worked case example
Our expert educators will include Dr Tok Hussain, Dr Shaun Austin and other occupational health advisors and occupational health physicians.
This course is designed to be practical in nature and will feature small group work and workshop sessions.
Is the course for me?
Everyone is welcome to attend. The course is primarily designed for occupational health doctors, occupational health nurses, technicians, GPs and health and safety professionals.
What’s the Price?
£295 per person, excluding VAT (to include access to all course material, certificate, CPD points, lunch and refreshments).
Where and when is the Course?
Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Elliott House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD.
Further details / How do I book?
For further details please ring Lisa Charles on 0161 831 9701 or email email@example.com, or book using the "book online" link below.
Bookings and Payments must be made 3 weeks before the start of the course date, any requests after will not be valid.
Cancellation or Non-Attendance:
2-5 clear working days’ notice before date of the training course day Half Fee
Cancellation within the 2 clear working days before the training course day Full Fee
- How Healthwork helped bowl out Coronavirus to bring back International Cricket
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Healthwork working together to create a safe space and place for the return of Cricket.
- Obesity as a risk factor for COVID-19 Podcast
- Workers at high risk of COVID-19 Podcast
- Lockdown easing podcast
- Dexamethasone Podcast
- COVID-19 risk assessment and audit podcast
- Returning to work after COVID-19 lockdown podcast
- Healthwork Coronavirus (COVID-19) Podcast
- COVID-19 Returning Employees to Work Surveillance Scheme