Lead & Asbestos Training Course
Unfortunately due to the current climate (COVID-19), we will be suspending all training courses until further notice.
Thank you in advance for your support.
This new and exciting one day course is designed for occupational health doctors, occupational health nurses, GPs and health and safety professionals.
The course has been developed in a collaboration between the University of Manchester Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) and Healthwork.
The course date: To be announced.
The emphasis will be on medical aspects of asbestos and lead exposures and health surveillance in line with The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations and the Lead at Work Regulations.
Our expert educators will include an occupational hygienist, occupational physicians, HSE appointed doctors and physicians who have worked at and advised the HSE on asbestos and lead health effects and health surveillance.
This course is designed to be practical in nature and will feature small group work and workshop sessions.
The course will feature:
- Regulatory factors
- Occupational hygiene and risk control
- Health surveillance and HSE appointed doctor work
- Practical worked examples
Is the course for me?
Everyone is welcome to attend. The course is primarily designed for occupational health doctors, occupational health nurses, GPs and health and safety professionals. Doctors who are appointed by the HSE or who wish to become appointed will find the course particularly helpful.
What’s the price?
£350 per person, excluding VAT (to include access to all course material, certificate, CPD points, lunch and refreshments).
Where is the course?
The Midland Hotel, Central Manchester (View map).
Further details / How do I book?
For further details please ring Lisa Charles on 0161 831 9701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or book using the "book online" link below.
Bookings and payments must be made 3 weeks before the start of the course date, any requests after will not be valid.
Cancellation or Non-Attendance:
2-5 clear working days’ notice before date of the training course day Half Fee
Cancellation within the 2 clear working days before the training course day Full Fee
- How Healthwork helped bowl out Coronavirus to bring back International Cricket
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Healthwork working together to create a safe space and place for the return of Cricket.
- Obesity as a risk factor for COVID-19 Podcast
- Workers at high risk of COVID-19 Podcast
- Lockdown easing podcast
- Dexamethasone Podcast
- COVID-19 risk assessment and audit podcast
- Returning to work after COVID-19 lockdown podcast
- Healthwork Coronavirus (COVID-19) Podcast
- COVID-19 Returning Employees to Work Surveillance Scheme