HAVS Refresher Training Course
Unfortunately due to the current climate (COVID-19), we will be suspending all training courses until further notice.
Thank you in advance for your support.
This is a 1 day Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) refresher course.
The course will take place in Manchester.
Course Date: To be announced.
The course is aimed at health professionals working in the UK occupational health setting.
The course will provide refresher training in HAVS, and is designed as a follow on and refresher for those who have attended the full 2 day HAVS course.
The course will cover:
- Background to HAVS
- Legal requirements and risk assessment
- Health effects of HAVS
- Health surveillance for a workforce exposed to hand transmitted vibration – tiered approach
- Clinical assessment of HAVS cases
- Clinical management of an individual with HAVS
- Worked case examples
- Demonstration of the use of vibration monitoring equipment and HAVS clinical assessment equipment
The course is practical in nature with a variety of learning techniques such as classroom teaching and small group work/case discussion.
Is the course for me?
The course is primarily designed for occupational health nurses, occupational health technicians, occupational health physicians, GPs and health and safety professionals.
What’s the price?
£350 per person, excluding VAT (All course material, refreshments/lunch will be included on the day, and a certificate of attendance will be provided.)
Where is the course?
The Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Elliott House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD
Who are the educators?
Speakers on our courses include Dr Tok Hussain, Dr Shaun Austin, Diana Kloss, and other occupational health nurse advisers and occupational health physicians.
How do I book?
For further details please ring Lisa Charles on 0161 831 9701 or email email@example.com, or book using the "book online" link below.
Bookings and payments must be made 3 weeks before the start of the course date, any requests after will not be valid.
Cancellation or Non-Attendance:
2-5 clear working days’ notice before date of the training course day Half Fee
Cancellation within the 2 clear working days before the training course day Full Fee
- How Healthwork helped bowl out Coronavirus to bring back International Cricket
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Healthwork working together to create a safe space and place for the return of Cricket.
- Obesity as a risk factor for COVID-19 Podcast
- Workers at high risk of COVID-19 Podcast
- Lockdown easing podcast
- Dexamethasone Podcast
- COVID-19 risk assessment and audit podcast
- Returning to work after COVID-19 lockdown podcast
- Healthwork Coronavirus (COVID-19) Podcast
- COVID-19 Returning Employees to Work Surveillance Scheme