Modern Day Slavery Act 2015 Healthwork Policy Statement
Aims, Laws and Ethical Standards
Healthwork operates a zero tolerance approach to human slavery and trafficking. This policy is written in response to the principles of the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015. These principles include:
- Child Labour (Healthwork employs no children under the age of 15).
- Forced Labour (Healthwork will never make use of forced or compulsory labour).
- Compensation and Working Hours (Healthwork will comply with all UK laws and regulations regarding working hours, wages and benefits).
- Discrimination (Healthwork will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender).
Statement of Policy
Healthwork will achieve these aims by our initiative to identify and mitigate risk in the following ways (but not limited to):
- Stringent vetting and investigation of our supply chain (contractors, sub-contractors, policies, contracts etc.).
- Continually auditing & reviewing our practices for checking all employees are paid at least the minimum wage and have the right to work.
- Encouraging the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
- We will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values.
- Ensuring a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business.
- Providing training to relevant members of staff. All Directors have been briefed on the subject. All employees of Healthwork will be made aware of the provisions of this policy. It will be an obligation for all employees to adhere to this policy. During their employment all employees will receive advice, guidance, and support and will receive information in line with this policy.
- Healthwork COVID-19 UPDATE
- 15 - Clinical Update: Influenza 'Flu'
- Occupational health merger creates regional heavyweight
- 'Hear The Music'
- Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome - Case Study
- World Mental Health Day
- National Work Life Week
- Aviation medicals for pilots and cabin crew
- Healthwork Alert - Number 55 NEW State of the art MRI scanning and imaging facilities
- NEW Healthy Back ProgrammeTM