Modern Day Slavery Act 2015 Healthwork Policy Statement
Aims, Laws and Ethical Standards
Healthwork operates a zero tolerance approach to human slavery and trafficking. This policy is written in response to the principles of the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015. These principles include:
- Child Labour (Healthwork employs no children under the age of 15).
- Forced Labour (Healthwork will never make use of forced or compulsory labour).
- Compensation and Working Hours (Healthwork will comply with all UK laws and regulations regarding working hours, wages and benefits).
- Discrimination (Healthwork will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender).
Statement of Policy
Healthwork will achieve these aims by our initiative to identify and mitigate risk in the following ways (but not limited to):
- Stringent vetting and investigation of our supply chain (contractors, sub-contractors, policies, contracts etc.).
- Continually auditing & reviewing our practices for checking all employees are paid at least the minimum wage and have the right to work.
- Encouraging the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
- We will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values.
- Ensuring a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business.
- Providing training to relevant members of staff. All Directors have been briefed on the subject. All employees of Healthwork will be made aware of the provisions of this policy. It will be an obligation for all employees to adhere to this policy. During their employment all employees will receive advice, guidance, and support and will receive information in line with this policy.
- HAVS Courses 21st - 22nd June 2018
- New Service – Aviation Medicals
- New Liverpool Office
- Dates Announced for Spring 2018 Courses - Case Management, Report Writing and Chester Step Test Courses All Available to Book Now.
- Australian flu
- Health Promotion Activities - Alcohol Awareness
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Healthwork Alert 46
- Healthwork Alert 45 - Seasonal Flu Vaccinations 2017
- Healthwork Alert 44